- Accepted into a graduate or professional degree program
- Full- or part-time graduate student status
- One of the following three:
- A degree in a health-care-related field (that is, nursing, medicine, pharmacy, population health, public health, health care administration, health systems management, health care management), or
- Work experience in health care delivery, or
- Have taken a course in health care delivery such as I SY E 417 Health Systems Engineering, NURSING/S&A PHM/SOC WORK 105 Health Care Systems: Interdisciplinary Approach, LAW 940 Law and Contemporary Problems, POP HLTH 796 Introduction to Health Services Research.
The reason for the three options for prerequisites is to allow people with and without health care backgrounds to obtain the certificate.
IMPORTANT: students must choose one of the core faculty members listed below as an advisor. The advisor will determine if a student has met the pre-requisite requirement. Advisors must sign the section of the curriculum form titled “Patient Safety Certificate Application and Completion” in order for students to enroll.
HOW TO OBTAIN THE PATIENT SAFETY CERTIFICATE
- To complete the Patient Safety Certificate application, please complete a Patient Safety Declaration Form prior to enrollment of I SY E 699 Advanced Independent Study.
- The semester of your graduation, please complete the Patient Safety Certificate Completion Form and obtain your advisor’s signature and upload to online system; Send email of confirmation of completion of certificate requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any questions about this process can be directed to email@example.com.
- GPA of 3.2 or above for the Patient Safety Certificate Curriculum courses (mandatory and elective combined).
- Completion of all mandatory and elective courses.
|PHARMACY/I SY E 608||Safety and Quality in the Medication Use System||3|
|I SY E 557||Human Factors Engineering for Healthcare Systems||3|
|I SY E/POP HLTH 703||Quality of Health Care: Evaluation and Assurance||3|
|One of the following options:||3|
|Human Performance and Accident Causation|
| Patient Safety and Error Reduction in Healthcare|
and Advanced Independent Study 1
|Organization and Job Design|
Students must choose one of the core faculty members listed below as an advisor: