The Master of Public Health (MPH) program provides professional preparation in the core public health competencies to health professionals and students.
The degree provides a practice-oriented approach for those who want to strengthen their general knowledge and skills in public health, either through a single degree or through one of the program’s many dual degree programs.
- Utilize a global health perspective to confront the root causes of less than optimal health and promote wellness for all communities.
- Engage theory and evidence-based methods to lead multidisciplinary and professional public health practice and research.
- Employ a socio-ecological model to analyze dynamic interactions among human and social systems.
- Identify strengths and limitations of current public health models and approaches and design innovative solutions for today’s public health challenges.
- Practice public health with honesty and integrity using a respectful and collaborative approach that responds to the needs of the communities we serve.
Professional Certification/Licensure Disclosure (NC-SARA)
The United States Department of Education requires institutions that provide distance education to disclose information for programs leading to professional certification or licensure about whether each program meets state educational requirements for initial licensure or certification. Following is this disclosure information for this program:
The requirements of this program meet Certification/Licensure in the following states:
The requirements of this program do not meet Certification/Licensure in the following states:
The requirements of this program have not been determined if they meet Certification/Licensure in the following states:
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wyoming; District of Columbia; American Samoa, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands.
Accreditation Status: Accredited. Next Accreditation Review 2029.