All Graduate School students must utilize the Graduate Student Portal in MyUW to add, change, or discontinue any doctoral minor or graduate/professional certificate. To add this minor, log in to MyUW, click on Graduate Student Portal, and then click on Add/Change Programs. Select the information for the minor for which you are applying.

To obtain a Minor in Anthropology, you must complete 9 credits in the Anthropology Department which provide either (a) a general coverage of the field or (b) concentration in biological anthropology, cultural anthropology, or archaeology. To ensure coherence, your minor program must be approved by your Minor Advisor in the Anthropology Department no later than half-way through the minor course sequence.

Your Minor Advisor may be any faculty member in the Anthropology Department who is willing to serve as your advisor. If you need assistance in choosing an appropriate Minor Advisor, you can contact the Anthropology Department's Graduate Program Manager to determine which faculty member might best fit your area of interest. You must be working with an Anthropology Minor Advisor in order to complete an Anthropology Minor.

Once a Minor Advisor is selected and agreed upon, you and your Minor Advisor will complete the Anthropology Graduate Minor Advisor form. Successful completion of the course program will satisfy the minor requirement. We encourage you to get your minor completion plan in writing to assist you in course selection and to have documentation of the agreed-upon plan for your records.

You should consult with your Major Department advisor to determine your major department’s requirements regarding your selected minor. Generally, the major department will provide a form to the student to present to the minor department to certify completion of the minor requirements. This form is signed by the Minor Advisor and/or the Chair of the Anthropology Department.

Faculty: See Anthropology.