Students interested in pursuing an Option A (External) Doctoral Minor in Community-Engaged Scholarship should contact the Faculty Director to obtain a Minor Agreement Form. This form must be obtained prior to completing all of the coursework required for the minor.
Doctoral students in the Human Ecology PhD: Civil Society and Community Research program are not eligible to receive this doctoral minor.
|COUN PSY 601||Best Practices in Community-Engaged Scholarship||2|
|CSCS 811||Community-Based Research: Theory and Practice||3|
|or CSCS 570||Community Based Research and Evaluation|
|CSCS 999||Independent Study||1|
|CSCS 813||Transformative Evaluation in Practice||3|
|PUB AFFR/POLI SCI 871||Public Program Evaluation||3|
|C&E SOC/SOC 573||Community Organization and Change||3|
|SOC/C&E SOC/URB R PL 645||Modern American Communities||3|
|ELPA/INTER-HE 770||Community, Opportunity, and Justice||3|
|PUBLHLTH 780||Evidence-Based Decision-Making||3|
- Apply theory and effective practices in the conduct of community-based research and evaluation.
- Utilize theories of translational and transformative learning and community change in performing engaged scholarship.
- Develop mutually beneficial and equitable partnerships with community organizations and members.
- Design and evaluate community-based programs for education and outreach using collaborative and participatory approaches.
- Demonstrate application of community-engaged scholarship through a presentation, report or other artifact involving a public/community audience.
- Cultivate a leadership style and communication skills that engage community partners in scholarship.
Cynthia Jasper, Department Chair | Civil Society and Community Studies
Elizabeth Tryon, Assistant Director of Community-Engaged Scholarship | Morgridge Center for Public Service
Lori Bakken, Professor | Civil Society and Community Studies
Anna Courtier, Director of Service Learning | WISCIENCE
Barbara Duerst, MPH Deputy Director | Population Health Sciences
Randy Stoecker, Professor | Community and Environmental Sociology
Gary Green, Professor | Community and Environmental Sociology
Peter Miller, Professor | Educational Leadership and Policy Analysis
Haley Madden, Community-Engaged Scholarship Specialist | Morgridge Center for Public Service