- A minimum of 10 credits in E M A courses, including 3 credits in courses at the 700 level or above
- All courses used for the minor must be 300 level or above taken after the bachelor’s degree.
- Ordinarily only one course (maximum of 3 credits) of independent study is allowed (E M A 599 Independent Study, E M A 690 Master's Research).
- Research and thesis courses may not be used for the minor.
- No more than 5 credits completed five or more years prior to admission to the Ph.D. major may be used.
- Courses taken 10 or more years ago may not be used.
- Courses taken pass/fail or for audit may not be used.
- Courses with grades of S given in courses graded on a credit/no credit basis are acceptable.
- A GPA of 3.0 must be maintained for the minor.
- A maximum of 6 credits may be transferred from other institutions to satisfy these requirements.
- The minor program must be approved by the chair of the Engineering Physics Graduate Studies Committee. The approval form is available from the department website: https://www.engr.wisc.edu/department/engineering-physics/academics/ms-engineering-mechanics/
- A student who has earned an M.S. degree in engineering mechanics will be considered to have fulfilled the minor requirements.
Paul Wilson (Chair)
Curt A. Bronkhorst
See also Engineering Physics Faculty Directory.