The Graduate School’s minimum course requirements for the minor include:
- An average GPA of 3.00 on all minor coursework;
- Coursework must be graded courses numbered 300 or above; no audits or pass/fail;
- Coursework may not be double counted for major requirements;
- Maximum 3 credits of independent study (e.g., 699, 799, 899, 999);
- Research and thesis cannot be used to satisfy the minor (e.g., 790, 890, 990);
- No more than 5 credits of coursework completed more than 5 years prior to admission to the doctoral program; coursework taken 10 years ago or more may not be used.
A student cannot earn a doctoral minor and a graduate/professional certificate of the same name. Credits earned towards the minor may count towards the minimum graduate residence requirement, minimum graduate degree requirement, and the minimum graduate coursework (50%) requirement.