Applications are accepted for terms fall and spring.
Fall Deadline: August 15
Spring Deadline: January 8
Applicants must possess the following:
- Earned bachelor's degree, PharmD, or equivalent
- Recommended cumulative GPA ≥ 3.0 (on 4.0 scale). Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores are not required
- Submit official post-secondary student transcripts
- Submit a maximum one-page statement of interest: Why are you interested in Psychoactive Pharmaceutical Investigation and what do you aim to get out of the program?
- Non-native English speakers submit a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 92 (Internet version) or better
Adult Career and Special Student Services (ACSSS) is the admitting office for all University Special students. However, the Pharmaceutical Sciences Division at the School of Pharmacy makes the final admission decision upon review of all applicant materials.
A complete application includes the following information:
- An online application for admission as a University Special student, selecting UNCS Capstone Certificate and the program: Applied Drug Development. This application is received and processed by ACSSS with final decision held for approval from the School of Pharmacy.
- Submit the following materials to the graduate student services coordinator for the School of Pharmacy at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mailing them to the address below.
- Official transcripts from all colleges/ universities attended
- Brief essay describing your reasons for applying and your career goal
- Must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.00
- Students wishing to continue into the Psychoactive Pharmaceutical Investigation named option MS program must maintain a minimum GPA of 3.00
- A letter grade of C or better must be earned in each course
Required Coursework (12 credits)
Pharmaceutical Sciences Core
|PHM SCI 759||Current Trends in Drug Discovery and Development||1|
|PHARMACY 800||Research Ethics: Scientific Integrity and the Responsible Conduct of Research||2|
Psychoactive Pharmaceutical Core
|PHARMACY 674||Cannabinoids in Science and Society||2|
|PHARMACY 640||Appropriate Use of Abused Drugs||2|
|PHARMACY 671||Psychedelic Drugs in Science and Society||2|
|PHARMACY 612||Legal Structures for Controlled Substances||1|
|PHARMACY 563||Drug History: Dangerous Drugs and Magic Bullets||2|
Capstone Certificate Specific Policies
Graduate Work from Other Institutions
No graduate work from other institutions is accepted.
The Graduate School regularly reviews the record of any student who earned grades of BC, C, D, F, or Incomplete in a graduate course (300 or above), or grade of U in research credits. This review could result in academic probation with a hold on future enrollment or in being suspended from the Graduate School.
- Good standing (progressing according to standards).
- Probation (not progressing according to standards but permitted to enroll; specific plan with dates and deadlines in place in regard to removal of probationary status).
- Unsatisfactory progress (not progressing according to standards; not permitted to enroll, dismissal, leave of absence or change of advisor).